Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Figures of Solitude

These are products of solitude, or moments when I wanted to be with myself...thoughts contained...not wandering or wanting anything, just a meaningful vacation.


2016.  Looking forward to a vacation of Spring + Summer - my 'Fleur de Soleil' -  acrylic on canvas, 40x50cm


I cannot possibly produce even a quarter of an inch of Claude Monet or Vincent Van Gogh.  I do not think I have their gift, but I can be my own impressionist once in a while. 

2012.  Looking forward to a grand vacation in Paris - 'Wishful Thinking', colored pencil and crayons on paper - in my sketchpad. 
Playing in my head, 'I didn't know I was looking for love...'


---------------------------
I was not brave enough to pursue a career in arts.  I invested in a safe one, instead.  Occasional travels help me stay in tune with whatever artistic inclination is left in me. 

Musee National d'Art Moderne, Centre Georges Pompidou, Paris



No comments:

Post a Comment