Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

Macaroons for a Cause only at Red Ribbon


It was a gloomy but calm afternoon, and yet, my tummy was behaving otherwise.  I was craving for some Filipino merienda (snacks).  The meal must be quite heavy because I might skip dinner in favor of the FIBA Asia Championship match between Iran and the Philippines' SMART GILAS.  Of course, I support GILAS 100%.  I'm all-out Filipino today than ever, more so in terms of food and basketball.  Puso!!!   

Okay, the food part...my taste buds are always willing, but my tummy has limited space. There were interesting food choices, but the steering wheel brought me and BFD to Red Ribbon. 
 
This poster greeted me at the entrance.  Nice! 

I couldn't produce a good colored output from my camera.  I opted for a black-and-white effect.
I headed to the counter and ordered my favorite Palabok with a slice of Mocha.  From here, I spotted these yummy macaroons screaming 'creamy perfection!'.  This sustained my interest, initially generated by the poster at the entrance.


With Macaroons for a Cause, reaching out is made simple, enjoyable, and yes, even filling for the tummy.  All you need to do - buy and enjoy these true-to-the-taste coconut macaroons.  For every pack of 10  creamy macaroons you buy, PHP 7.00 goes to the school project of the APL.DE.AP Foundation. A pack of 10 sells at PHP 50.00 only. 
 
Macaroons for a Cause is launched to raise PHP 4.2M, in order to build a public school in Zamboanga.  The proponents of this project are:  the APL.DE.AP Foundation (established by Pinoy Pride APL.DE.AP of the Grammy Award-winning group Black Eyed Peas);  high-quality Pinoy bakeshop Red Ribbon; and leading manufacturer of natural quality ingredients Franklin Baker (US). 
 
BFD and I enjoyed our merienda all the more. 
 
 
 
Experience Franklin Baker's world class desiccated coconut in these Macaroons for a Cause.

Palabok!!!  :)
 
Rice meal for merienda??? Why not??? 'Pinoy-style' Salisbury steak, plus slices of Ube and Mocha cakes. Sweet!  =)
 
As I was writing this blog, I knew I would go back to Red Ribbon for another pack of Macaroons...or a few more to share with fellow GILAS fans in the office.  =)
 
Please do spread the word.  Macaroons for a Cause, only at Red Ribbon.  For more information, please visit their website.
 
-----------------------------

Disclaimer:  This is a personal write-up, not a paid advertisement.  I do not work for Red Ribbon, APL.DE.AP Foundation, Franklin Baker or any of their trade partners.

No comments:

Post a Comment