Pages

Friday, November 14, 2014

Making Strides Against the Bad 'C'


I did not go on sabbatical leave.  I was on a not-so-ordinary journey with my family.  For that, no blog entries for two months.  Today, I want to write again.  My first update in two months should be about family, faith, and doing something to prevent cancer. 

Fighting cancer is a family ordeal.  This is what we went through for my aunt.  We saw up close the face of cancer.  I pray that mankind finally finds a cure for it. We have the ability to heal our souls through strong faith and sense of community, but the physical cure to stop cancer for good may be a few years away. 

March 2014 - After her 58th birthday party, smile - keep calm - believe - stay strong. 
It has been two months since my aunt started her journey to Heaven. I can imagine her now so happy and complete.  It was her lifelong aspiration to be with God. I miss her.  One good thing about not getting over the loss of someone you love so dearly - you know that someone lives in your heart forever.  My aunt continues to inspire me in so many ways. Her life on earth was rather short, but she holds a long list of people whose lives she touched in a positive way.

My Dear Tita Lou -  a true servant leader
June 2013 - 1.5 years after her mastectomy and chemotherapy.

The fight against cancer may be quite far from over. While mankind awaits cure, there is such a thing as prevention.  We can win.

Grabbed from kksphotos.com 

I may not have funds to donate big time to cancer research, but I've got time on my hands. For two weeks now, I started going back to my wellness routine, that is mostly running.  I have been wanting to carry this initiative to the office where I spend most of my waking hours, five days a week.  I invited several people from work, who want to become or stay fit to jog after office at least twice a week.  We do get a lot of stress at work, both positive and negative. Many times have we been warned about the downside of a sedentary lifestyle, of spending long hours in the office.  Now, we are taking a conscious effort to become fit, shake off stress, and bond after work the healthy way.  I hope this counts as my contribution for now.  

My running paraphernalia are also ready to make strides against cancer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment