Pages

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Ann + Running = Forever (Version 2.0)


#AnnPlusRunningEqualsForeverVersion1  

Running has always been therapeutic.  It effectively drives unnecessary stress out of my system.  

#AnnPlusRunningEqualsForeverVersion2

I have a whole new reason to get back in shape (must), conservatively train for a half mary (nice), or aggressively train for a full marathon (extreme). 

Running has become even more personal these days, because of my new-found commitment to join the fight against the Bad 'C' - in preventive mode, of course. Whoever believes in 'an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure' is never old-fashioned.  There is a whole lot more to life.  Therefore, life is addicting.  =)

SCMS_2011 - My first offshore full marathon.  Nostalgic, as a new journey to wellness awaits.  

================================================================

#RunningAndMyFavoriteThings

I've been using these products for quite sometime.  The benefits are: safety, keeping injuries at bay, and more enjoyable runs.  

1. When I did my first three full marathons between 2011 and 2012, I was always training with the ever user-friendly Garmin Forerunner 110.  It is a complete package; it tracks time, pace, distance, and comes with a heart rate monitor.  I'm literally guarding and listening to my heart while running.  Smart.

Grabbed from Garmin.com

Just in:  I'm delighted by the news that Garmin is opening its first concept store in Manila, November 2014.  Being a runner and a self-confessed 'tapered' shopaholic (paradox), training days are more exciting with a new arm candy.  :)

2.  The best pair of running shoes I ever had (to date):  Saucony Type A5.  This pair made me believe in love at first sight...er, that I can run in minimalist shoes injury-free and live happily ever after...I felt inclined to post my first shoe review.  

However, wear-and-tear drove this lovely pair to end-of-life, and it retired from the shoe rack.  I could not find a replacement, so I am about to try its successor - Saucony Type A6.



3.  Yurbuds Inspire 300 for Women.  True to its promise - won't fall out.  It does not totally block the noise from the surroundings, for safety purposes.  
Grabbed from Yurbuds.com


4.  Injinji Performance Toesock.  Light. Comfortable. My feet are spared from blisters.

Grabbed from Injinji.com
5.  Nathan Hydration Belt.  A must-have for long distance and trail runs. What I like about it - lightweight, does not bounce, and does not cause chafing 


Nathansports.com

================================================================

Disclaimer:  This is a personal write-up; a way for me to share my experience in using the featured products.   I do not work for these brands, or any of their trade partners.


No comments:

Post a Comment