Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

My 2nd Anniversary in 'Blogging': Why I Write


I love to write.  This means tackling any topic which I feel strongly about, be it positive or negative.  I'm loving the sweet life, while accepting of the harsh realities which go with it.  I write. I rave. I rant. 

I write because I want to communicate.  It's like taking a screenshot of a section in my brain.  The ideas become words.  It translates abstract into something tangible.  I started writing since I was 11.  My long-time relationship with writing may be viewed as a paradox.  I didn't pursue a college degree in writing; instead, I went for engineering (numbers). 

Thanks to the Internet Age.  Blogging is a channel for writing that is now readily made available to me.  My blog doesn't focus on one or two topics alone, because it would mean restriction, an embarrassment of riches - the richness of thoughts, that is, shouldn't go to waste. I believe in influencing and educating people through writing. Writing can be entertaining, and powerful or influential to a certain extent.

When I started my blog at Wordpress two years ago, I knew writing found me again...in retrospect, it's with me all the time.  It stayed in the sideline for long, waiting for the day to re-emerge along with deep / mundane / entertaining thoughts earned from living and breathing under the sun. 

---------------------------------

My blog posts are hodgepodge of ideas. 

I'm currently maintaining two blogs - a two-year old blog at Wordpress and this one (Blogspot).  Though I stopped publishing fresh articles through Wordpress, I still revisit it once in a while, especially when there are new comments or questions posted by the readers. 

Since this is my 'anniversary article',  I'm making a list of the more frequently accessed articles in my blogs. 

Opinion

Is it impossible to fight graft and corruption?  -  my worst experience in an international airport - May 2012, Wordpress



'Positive Activism' - Trying to Keep It Really Positive - on death penalty and social obligations - November 2012, Wordpress



Lifestyle / Travel / Culture / Sports

Schengen Visa for  Application for Pinoy Tourists - Schengen Visa 101 for Pinoy tourists who are based in the Philippines - April 2012, Wordpress,  January 2013, Blogspot



Paris Museum Series:  Chateau de Versailles - a chronicle on my visit to a century-old royal estate, recognized for its grandeur and historical significance...think, Marie Antoinette.  -  July 2012, Wordpress


Shoe Review:  Saucony Type A5 - my take on a popular racing flats - March 2013, Blogspot



Single Blessedness / Family Life / Pinoy Wedding

Part I - Single, Happy, Sexy-and-I-Know-It - on being single and happy...years before The One.  =)  -  August 2012, Wordpress



Tatay Ko, Nanay Ko, Si BFD, at ang Pamamanhikan - a tribute to a time-honored Pinoy tradition - January 2013, Blogspot



In anticipation of some life-changing events,  I hope to grow my list of quality articles this year.  =)



No comments:

Post a Comment