Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Under Armour Sun Protective Cap



Weekends are almost always perfect for long slow distance (LSD) runs, long walk, and road trips.  I love to watch the sunrise, sunset, fellow joggers, bikers, or just plain sightseeing to clear my head and get rid of negative stress.  For people like me who are not afraid of the sun, we are always reminded to protect our skin from its ultraviolet (UV) rays. . Conventional knowledge taught us about the damaging effect of prolonged exposure to the sun's UV rays. 

For LSD run and heat training, I go for a sunscreen or sunblock with SPF 70.  A sunscreen's capability to block UV rays is measured through its SPF (sun protection factor) rating.  I always bring a small tube of sunscreen, so I can reapply as needed.  For regular days, I go for one that has SPF 30.  

When cruising along the countryside for a long weekend drive, I wear sunscreen. Driving during sunny days usually require a combination of sunscreen and a nice cap or sun visor. I'm planning for my next trip, and included in my 'things-to-bring/wear' list is the Under Armour Driver Cap.  It is designed for golfers, however I find it quite versatile for its fit and technology.  It has Under Armour's revolutionary coldblack® technology, which reflects the heat of the sun, making it cool and comfortable to wear. The Under Armour Driver Cap has a minimum of UPF 30.  A UPF 30 is considered 'very good' for it can block 96 % - 97.4% of UV radiation.  Clothes, caps, and other sun protective apparel are measured through its UPF (ultraviolet protection factor).  

Sun protective clothes and caps are meant to be worn in hot, humid places - and  in tropical countries like ours.  The Under Armour Drive Cap has a built in HeatGear® sweatband that wicks away sweat to assist in cooling and breath-ability. I'm looking forward to wear it in my next trip, and this weekend, too. I need to go for a long walk to update my lagging inventory of virtual pocket monsters.

=====

Disclaimer:  This is a personal write-up, not a paid advertisement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment