Pages

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Starting Over Again


After months of attempting success for #thecubsproject, BFD and I have yet to see a new starting line called parenthood.  

Whereas infertility work up is not the most exciting medical event in the world, I had to stop training for half- and full-marathons in order to appease some hormones...in fact, I stopped running altogether.  From there, I witnessed how my fitness level dropped next to lethargic.  

I went back to my old blog to remind myself how delighted I was for every chance at running. It was the experience of being in the zone, the autonomy - the pace, distance, where I was heading (psychologically - in my life) and most importantly, the happy feeling that went with it; though sometimes I was under a lot of stress that I had to clear my thoughts while running. Rain or shine, I ran.  It was all beautiful - as if all elements were in harmony after each run. I hardly got sick, too.  

I want it back. So badly.  

I'm running again...again and again...until I get back that in-the-zone feeling.  If I stop, then I will start again.  

Oh, and #thecubsproject?  They will come when they have to.  

About 3 years ago, when running along Roxas Boulevard in Manila meant 'zoned out'.  

While running, there has to be some good music, too.  #Coldplay






No comments:

Post a Comment