Pages

Monday, October 30, 2017

5 Reasons Why I Enjoyed Hello Kitty Run Manila 2017


October 21, 2017 - the date marked for the first ever Hello Kitty Run in Manila.  I did not check whether it was an auspicious date, but what we had that day was a great weather and a highly energetic crowd.  SM Mall of Asia Complex offered a route that was lined with Hello Kitty props of pink and white for a perfect selfie and groufie for all participants.   

On a more personal note, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for another edition of the Hello Kitty Run in 2018.  

This year's Hello Kitty Run Manila was indeed one of the most enjoyable, family/kid-friendly run events I ever participated in.  As I'm writing this blog, a week has already passed since the event, but I still get that happy feeling whenever I view event photos circulating in social media.  It should be easier now to write about the event, and sum up my enthusiasm in five points.  

1.  I'm a cat person.  I love Hello Kitty. No explanation needed.  

2.  It was a kid-, family-friendly event.  A lot of participants showed up wearing pink tutus and other personal effects which can be easily associated with Hello Kitty.  Every one was into the scene and ready to be seen - donning costumes and some cosplay make up, selfie-ready camera phones, selfie sticks, and their favorite running buddies. 


3.  Props for photo opp, all white and pink along the route. Fans could surely visualize Hello Kitty's paw print of approval on those.  There were also boxes from which people could pick a prize, and claim it at the redemption booth after the finish line.  Instant prizes galore.  



4.  Hydration:  water and cold POCARI drink. They did not seem to run out of drinks at every kilometer mark.  I was already at the last wave, and there were more than enough drinks for every one.  Almost all used paper cups ended where they should be - in the trash bins.

5. The finisher's medal is lovely.  It is a standout in my collection of run event medals.
   

Congratulations to the people behind the success of Hello Kitty Run Manila 2017! Hello Kitty fans appreciate your effort in bringing such a big themed event to Manila.  We're excited to hear about a repeat in 2018.  πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ΊπŸ’“

No comments:

Post a Comment