Pages

Monday, May 29, 2017

Kalimera! 90 Minutes of Nail Pampering and Effortless Peace

Grabbed from the Kallista PH Facebook page
Kalimera!  It means Good Day in Greek.  This was the first greeting I heard when I stepped into the receiving area of Kallista Nail Pamper Lounge at S Maison in Conrad Hotel MOA Complex.  It has been operating for almost a year now.  Every time I passed by S Maison (to dine), I would make a mental note to visit Kallista soon...and that "soon" happened earlier.  Finally.  

Kallista's glass facade is highlighted by two imposing Grecian pillars.  I was welcomed by a smart young lady in Greek outfit, and she presented me a list of services.  I went for the Kallista Signature Pampering service.  Since it is named after the Nail Lounge itself, then it must be the best treatment they could offer (I will try the other treatments next time).  Then the lady ushered me to my seat.  The interior is a classic 5th avenue - high ceiling, posh furniture, ceiling to floor curtains, and neutral palette. Air conditioning was just right (a freezing spa is a no-no for me).  I was offered drinks - coffee / tea / water.  I enjoyed a cup of good tasting, caffeine-free turmeric tea.  By the way, every side table has a stack of magazines (neatly arranged, each looking new). It's kinda obsessive compulsive (OC), and I like it.  

Lovely interior
Curated. Defined. 
A cup of turmeric tea, and a transparent case for my watch and ring
As for the Kallista Signature Pampering service, it includes hand spa - scrub, manicure, massage, polish for the hands; and foot spa - scrub, pedicure, massage, and basic polish for the feet. A nail technician named Yhana worked on my hands, while Cielle worked on my always-tired-but-happy feet.  They were meticulous, and always making sure that I felt relaxed. No messy floor here...I don't like the sight of puddles of water all over the floor.  For the hand spa, Yhana scrubbed my arms.  The white towels they used were also smelling clean and fresh (not overly soaked in fabric conditioner screaming 'allergy!').   For this treatment, prepare to shell out PhP 1150 (worth it!). 



Their signature treatment includes a wide selection of Zoya nail polishes. I opted to pay extra for a quick drying OPI nail polish for my feet.  For today I could only have 90 minutes of me-myself-and-I moment, as BFD would be waiting for me at his fave ribs restaurant at the ground floor of S Maison.

If there is an opportunity area here, it is a free wifi service for customers.  The location does not offer a good mobile signal to support data connectivity.  I know people come to this place to relax, and some prefer to unplug from social media.  For people like me who prefer to stay connected in order to catch up on some online contents, a decent wifi connection is particularly helpful.  

Overall, I'm pleased not only with the interiors, but more importantly with the quality of service they provided.  This is one of the places in the Metro that I could think of when wrapping up a hectic week or an equally hectic weekend.  My experience compelled me to write this review of Kallista. I hope the ambiance and quality stay consistent in the days to come.  

No comments:

Post a Comment